Please note that half-load restrictions are now in place for Carling Township roads. 

Attention Contractors and Property Owners

Important changes to the approval process for shoreline structures have been identified. 

As a result of a court decision, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) will begin issuing Land Use Permits (LUPs), free of charge, for new, expanded and seasonal placement of docks and single-storey boathouses that occupy more than 15 square metres (shadow). Replacement structures will also require authorization if the structure occupies more than 15 square metres. In cases where construction includes works conducted on privately-owned shore lands a work permit will also be required. 

The MNRF is developing a new application package for these docks and single-storey LUPs which should be available later during the week of February 22, 2016. 

If your members, contractors, property owners, builders, etc., have questions regarding the requirements please contact Carolyn Roy at the Parry Sound District Office at (705) 773-4202 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Please be advised that the above approvals must be in place prior to Carling Township issuing a Building Permit for applicable bylaw-permitted projects. 



Kim Dixon, CBO

More Articles...

Page 45 of 67


2 West Carling Bay Road
Nobel, Ontario
P0G 1G0

P - 705 342 5856
F - 705 342 9527

8am-4pm Monday - Friday

To receive periodic email updates regarding social, cultural, political and other events in Carling Township & the Greater Parry Sound area,

Letters Above: